CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2007-10-31

Brush with the Holdless

Perhaps I am a bit discriminating...
I'm not supposed to be. I'm a Harper but I can't help it.
There I was, with Alonzo and my newest Pepper (AKA Peppi-kins) giving alms to the holdless. They stole a bucket from my wagon. They tried to take everything I had. Perhaps Alonzo scared them. he does look vicious. With two Fire-lizards, I do look protected. I could always send one back to my parents and another in Harper's Hall for help.
The point is, they are unruly, undisciplined and ungroomed!!!
Perhaps it's because of the lack of education. Harpers and lessons are hard to come by and even if one gets sen their way, the Harper's Hall don't usually send adequate Harpers. One Harper for seventy children of different ages. How can they learn?
Why don't the parents discipline them and teach them something besides getting even, stealing and tricking people?

Who is to blame?

Is it the parents who teach their young bad things or teach nothing at all?
Is it Harpers Hall who fail to supply enough Harpers to the holdless? Because they favor the Major Holds and Weyr first before Holdless and small Holds.
Is it the Lord Holders'? They should have taken steps for the holdless and the family of the Shunned.
Is it the Dragonriders? They always hold themselves aloof to these people and their reality.

0 comments: